We always welcome new members to join our big and loving family! We strive for creating spectacular grand opera while having a great time during rehearsals and our social events. No matter what your level of experience, we have a number of roles to suit you, both on stage and off-stage.
What are the benefits of joining?
By joining Bristol Opera you’ll benefit from:
- weekly rehearsals for chorus singers with an experienced conductor and a professional accompanist,
- staging rehearsals led by a skilled Stage Director,
- an opportunity to sing and act on stage, accompanied by a professional orchestra,
- tailor-made costumes for each main production (sometimes you may even be required to wear three or more costumes, all of which are provided by the company),
- the chance to audition for parts in our main and autumn production (with no audition fees for members),
- one-to-one and ensemble coaching for soloists with our Musical Director,
- a number of social events throughout the year, so that all members have a chance to get to know each other and become part of our opera family.
In addition to singing and acting, we are also keen to encourage and support members to develop skills such as dancing, costume and hat making, set painting and building.
If you’d rather just sit back, relax and enjoy the show, you can still support us by becoming a friend of Bristol Opera.